Email me

Friday, March 28, 2008

Between A Rock And A Harness

Things I have recently learned about indoor rock-climbing:

· Nobody's arse looks good in a harness, however when everybody in the room is wearing a harness, the usual rules apply.

· Gentlemen who rock-climb a lot have bodies that make me cry.

· Looking at gentlemen who rock-climb a lot from behind and underneath is a pleasant way to spend an evening.

· In the context of rock-climbing, I have strong legs.

· In the context of rock-climbing, my spindly spaghetti arms are about as much use as a bra on a bowling ball.

· When one of your mates yells out a frustrated "Fuck!" in an indoor rock-climbing gym, it echoes like a bastard.

· The first beer after two hours of rock-climbing tastes better than just about any other beer in the whole world. If you can get it to your mouth with your recently-gone-into-spasm spindly spagettti arms, that is.

No comments: